Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thanksgiving Crafting with kids


With scraps of cotton, some felt stickers, acrylic paint and a sharpie marker, we now have a banners to remind us and welcome friends as we approach Thanksgiving.

I simply hemmed the scraps and created casings for dowels. I found a font I liked, enlarged it and then traced the word "thankful" onto the scraps. The kids painted the letters. I love the spots where they are outside the lines. Once the paint was dry, they chose the pattern order of the stickers and placed them. I had fun, tracing the letters in the brown Sharpie, to make the words pop.

This will soon be fluttering on our door. Find a a scrap, a font you like and some felt stickers. Or find some leaves, make crayon rubbings through the fabric or find fall colored scraps and have the kiddos make patterns with those.

Thankful for my little helpers.

No comments: