Monday, February 2, 2009

Finally, Some Quilted Bits

Somehow getting photos and actually getting them loaded has been harrowing. Perhaps the toddler who climbs higher than her brother ever conceived of is part of the slow-down. With the help of my sweet husband I finally have my first solo quilt to show. My mother and I made a nine-patch crib quilt, but this little number I did on my own. I know Christmas has passed, but I received these lovely charm packs and wanted it to be ready for next year. The sashing is a cotton velvet. I should have chosen something easier to work with for my first solo effort, but it is pretty and so cozy. It is not perfect, but I love it anyway. Of course, my kids enjoy playing with it, so it is still out in our living room.

The other photo is of my "Project Improv" block. I've been playing and trying to figure out what improvisation to do for myself, but for now, this is my contribution to the charity quilts. The free form was fun and much less stressful than I anticipated.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love the red in the quilt you made. It can be used for Valentine's Day too.

The quilt block is fabulous too! Nice work - even with fearless toddlers trying to distract you.

carrie said...

Way to go! It looks great. I love accomplishing something for the first time!