Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hello Betty Layer Cake--Please Inspire

About a month ago, I purchased a layer cake in Hello Betty by Moda. It is yummy--great retro patterns in orange, teal and brown. My plan was to make a big block quilt for my sister-in-law's birthday (I still have plenty of time). When I sat down with the 10" squares, they seemed to want more. If you have ideas or inspirations for me, please do share the links in your comments.


millymollymandy said...

the hello betty fabric is so retro and cute !
If you did not want to present them as simple squares, maybe you could do something based on this idea...just a thought...good luck !

YayaOrchid said...

I thought you meant some kind of cake, lol! The fabric is really pretty though.

Peggy said...

I thought it was a cake, too! But this is calorie free and pretty.

Vicki said...

I just bought my first Moda layer cake too (I got Recess). I'm thinking about doing something with triangles and white or offwhite to contrast. Here's what I found with a quick google: http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2008/05/hourglass-block-tutorial.html

I think it would look good with the Hello Betty fabrics too.