Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Play or Changing Mat for Baby Otto

A new little man is in the world and I had to make something for him. Otto is the babe of a former co-worker. He is sweet and has all kinds of dark hair just like his Mama. This little changing pad or play mat is what I made when Sew Mama Sew did their doll quilt sew along. I used some charm squares from Moda's Recess and some blue I had on hand from the panels on my boy's windows. I bound it with some remnant navy and blue cotton from Joann's. I added the ribbon so this would be easily portable. Stippling still seems to daunting, so I used my walking foot and just sewed diagonals over the squares. One of these days I'll get brave enough to stipple, I promise. This little bundle with a onesie from our favorite local coffee shop will find the baby this week.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You should totally try stippling. It is really easier than it looks and it is so much fun. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it so much. I'm not that good at it yet, as I've only done two quilts, but still, I was really pleased with the results.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love that project and the fabrics are gorgeous! I agree that stippling is much easier than it looks, give it a shot! I just found your blog via your adorable spring embroidery patterns. They're so cute! I'll be linking to them if you don't mind.

YayaOrchid said...

Your friend I'm certain will love that mat! All the fabrics you used are beautiful. I'm sure you will do a fine job of stippling when you decide to try it.