Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Purple Knit Cowel


purpleknit2
Originally uploaded by hmsohly
Orange Flower Sketchbook provides all varieties of crafting inspiration. This oversized cowel is based upon her simple ribbed cowel. My sweet mother was kind enough to model for me. I think our big girlie will enjoy this for Christmas. Now, if I can just get her quilt top and back ironed, sandwiched, quilted and bound. Ahhh. If that were the only project on the list.

This cowel was super easy! Using a #15 needle, I cast on 80 stiches. I followed OFS's stitch pattern---knit three, pearl through the back stitch one and repeat. I did knit it in circular, but you could knit it flat and seam it as easily.

Hope you're staying warm.

2 comments:

RosaMarĂ­a said...

beautiful! i want learn how knit!

Sharon Sews said...

Oh that's fabulous! I too wish I knew how to knit.